Friday, January 18, 2008

A Book Me Me

I don't know what a "Me Me" is, but Mandi sent this to me so I thought I would give it a try!

1. Two books that changed your life: The Prodigal by Henri Nouwen and Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges

2. One book that you have read more than once: Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

3. One book you would want on a desert island: ??? The Bible is the only book I can think of that I wouldn't get tired of reading! I would also have time to memorize more of it!

4. Two books that made you laugh: I don't really read funny books-I'd rather watch a funny movie! We watch Nacho Libre all the time!

5. One book that made you cry: Let's Roll by Lisa Beamer-it is a book about a 911 hero

6. One book you wish you'd written: Any book by C S . Lewis, but especially Mere Christianity

7. One book you wish had never been written: Blue Like Jazz-I know alot of people liked this book, but I thought it was kind of negative! I also don't like Christian romance novels...It seems like they are regular romance novels only with Christian guys in them that sometimes pray! There-I am done with my soapbox for the day!

8. Two books you are currently reading: With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray and Follow the Crucified One by Bennie Mostert

9. One book you've been meaning to read or finish: Get out of That Pit! by Beth Moore...I just want to see if I am in a pit!

10. One book that made you think: Prayer by Philip Yancey and What is a Family? by Edith Schaeffer and Ministering Cross-Culturally by Sherwood G. Lingenfelter

11. People I'm tagging with this...... Mitzi (I want to see what you are reading!) and Chrys (if you ever see this on my blog!)

2 comments:

Fun With Five said...

Yippee! I am so glad you took the time to do it! :) Okay, totally agree with you on Blue Like Jazz...I am so relieved I am not the only one who didn't just LOVE it! hee hee. And Let's Roll, completely forgot I read that one, but yes, I bawled the whole way through. See, I knew I'd love your answers!

Chrys and Mike said...

I saw it! Will try to get to it soon.

Your family is precious. I want to squeeze that baby boy! Looks like Disney World was a BLAST! So fun.

Chrys