There are some things that God did in me while we lived in Latin America that I don't want to let go of. Mostly, He freed me from things I didn't even know had a hold on me. Comparing myself to others, being wrapped up in appearances and what others think of me, striving to make my life comfortable and easy, filling my days with thoughts of the trivial instead of drinking deeply from the source of everything good. These are just a few, and I am praying fervently that God will not allow me to slip back into who I used to be or how I used to live my life. I know that He didn't have to move me to another country to change these things in me, but I am glad He did. Thank you, Lord, that you are the same, all the time, everywhere.
John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment