Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Today was our first official day for Max and Annabelle. I had to wake up earlier so that I could be ready, which I definitely need more practice at! A little resistance from Max, but he loved the games we are doing for phonics! Annabelle loves anything related to school, but especially her new "school supply box"! New markers can entertain her for hours. Math is Max's best and favorite subject-hard for me to relate to as I never liked math, but I am happy for him. Annabelle will soon start pre-school 2 mornings a week, mostly because she desperately wants to be in school! I am having a hard time letting her go...she still seems so small to me. Max will be in the Venture enrichment program at Pine Cove one day a week for subjects like P.E., science, chapel, music, etc. One thing I know after today...I CANNOT do this on my own! It will take lots more prayer for patience, wisdom, and perseverance!

3 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

way to go, momma! i want to hear more about the curricula you're using. we just spent the weekend at the home school convention and got so many great things. i love it!

chrys

Unknown said...

Happy First Day! We love you!

Markers keep me happy for hours too!

Mia said...

Your right none of us can do it on our own...but guess who can. I want to hear about your trip! Am I going to have to wait til Tyler?