Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Firsts

Lots of firsts around here these days!
Annabelle had her first day of preschool! I have been conflicted about her going, but finally have decided that 7 hours per week is not only "permissible," but "beneficial" as well! (1 Cor. 10:23) I hate every second without her, though it is amazing how much schoolwork Max and I get done on those days!
Max had his first day of the homeschool enrichment program he is attending at Pine Cove. Are you kidding? They made giant globes the first day and learned a ton of geography! I was thrilled! I love the people that he gets to be around there.
First big project in this house! Darren tore out our bathroom floor and is tiling that plus our shower-Yay!
First sickness of the season. Simon brought home a cold, which everyone has had, me being the last one! Max had a 24 hour stomach virus, but so far no one else has gotten it.
I am excited about the fall and what a new season in our lives will bring!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Who did Annabelle end up getting for her teacher? I think you told me already but I can't remember.

AW said...

Julie, N just got done doing our bathroom, tile and everything. We're actually reglazing the original 1959 tub, but so far the room looks fabulous. I say "we" as if I'm involved in any of this, other than picking paint chips. Ha!

Please post pictures!

Isn't it awesome having a handy man? Just think of the money we save!