Saturday, October 4, 2008

Team Holt!

Go Vipers!

Que Portero!
Sis thought it was too hot, but was all about the drinks!
Kyra had her first game today too!




We are a soccer family. It is one of Darren's favorite sports to play, Max loves it, I love to watch, and Annabelle and Simon will learn to love it too! Being in Latin America gave us even deeper soccer roots. Today was Max's first official game, and Darren is the coach. I have always thought of myself as a reserved, inhibited person, that is, until today. I had NO IDEA what it would be like to see my boy out on that field! My heart was POUNDING the entire game-I could barely stay on the sidelines! I wanted to be out there on that field, so I screamed like a maniac instead! I had no idea this side of me existed! It didn't surface during T-ball season, but I am now officially one of those parents who gets too involved in the games!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I know what you mean. I never cheered at football games in HS, but somehow when my little boy was on the field playing soccer or T-ball, and when he's played basketball at the Y, I become the yelling mom who cheers & squeals for her baby! (although I do NOT scream at him from the sidelines when he messes up like some of those crazy parents!!!)