Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Street Cat

Since our cat, Stella, became an inside/outside cat, we get at least 2 phone calls weekly. It usually goes something like this,
Nearby Neighbor: "We found a sweet white kitten. We think she is lost! Is she yours?"
Me: "Yes, she's ours. DON'T feed her! Just kick her out and she will come home!
I am so weary of these conversations, that I am trying to find a way to attach a note to her collar with this explanation:

My name is Stella. I may look young and vulnerable, but I am a street savvy adult cat who knows how to take advantage of people. I have a home and am well-taken care of, but am searching for better catfood. If you feed me, I may decide to stay forever. I will hang around until you kick me out or take me home. My address is ******. Please don't call my owners.

The only advantage is that we have met SO many people through Stella! Still, it has to stop.

2 comments:

AW said...

Awww. What a sweet story! Our little orange cat is similar...an indoor/outdoor cat that is lovey and sweet to ANYONE. I think he gets fed from two or three other houses. HE IS SO FAT! But he still comes home.

Unknown said...

Missionary Cat!