A friend reminded me of this verse a few days ago, so I thought I would share it. Some of the disciples were turning back when things got tough. When Jesus asked the 12 if they were also leaving, Simon Peter (who our Simon is named for) answered, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life..."
Although I can't pinpoint why, living in Latin America really allowed me to separate myself from this world and put "one foot in heaven." We have no none and nothing but the Lord Himself. He is what is real. He is what we look forward to in our days here. When life happens, He is all we have. What a comfort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
julie, that's awesome. it might be the support raising business, but i'm right there with you. when we truly comprehend what God has done, what else could matter?
hope to see you! we're coming in town tomorrow!
ooooh, i needed that today....
Post a Comment