Monday, March 22, 2010

Que Maravillosa!

our first day in Monterrey in the Parque Fundida with our friends Victor & Gloria-it was a beautiful day to see the city! Monterrey is surrounded by mountains, so beautiful!
we took a boat down the canal in the park-this is a governement building in the plaza.
later that night we are at a restaurant eating carne asada. the best salsas I have ever had!
Darren preaching at Victor & Gloria's church on Sunday! It was a beautiful service that day and the people were so welcoming and loving!
seeing the city with the youth after church that Sunday. taking this picture for Sissy!
"Get that corn out of my face!"
Sierra Linda-the camp where the youth stayed and worked. LOVE the cooks there!
Darren with Samuel, Sarai, & Hugo, V & G's kids! We stayed with them while we were there. Had a blast eating until we couldn't eat anymore, talking and laughing late into the night EVERY night, seeing Victor's cheese business and what their daily life looks like, shopping with Gloria, and meeting their family and friends! Times I will never forget!
Cola de Caballo, waterfall that the youth went to see.
Darren with a little boy at the orphanage. He saw lots of kids that he had met the two times he had been there before.
more kids at the orphanage. I didn't go because I came back to TX, but Darren was there!
I still can't believe I got to go to Mexico! My 2nd "business trip" with Darren ever, and a personal dream of mine came true-I have laways wanted to visit Mexico! I loved the people, the food, the city, the atmosphere, everything! I hope to go back and see my new friends and explore more of Mexico!

No comments: