Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rest Content

Last week, I read this pasage in Psalms, and it has been on my heart ever since! By nature, I am a fearful person. This gets worse when big things happen or life gets uncertain. I think the one prayer I have prayed the most throughout my life is for more faith, for the ability to trust God more and more with each day.
Psalm 112 starts out with this...
"Praise the Lord. Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands."
The rest of the chapter basically lists the blessings that come from this fear and delight. Verse 7 and 8 say,
"He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear..."
Today I read a similar verse in Proverbs 19 verse 23,
"The fear of the Lord leads to life, Then one rests content, untouched by trouble."
Oh, how I want to rest content!
The Lord also brought a verse to mind that I studied a while back, Isaiah 26 verse 3,
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
I am praying that God will show me what it means to fear Him, and give me a delight for His commands and ways. The benefit is resting contently, but my desire is to fear the Lord! More on this as God reveals it to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the greatest mom on the planet! I am so proud to be your Pook!