Sunday, March 23, 2008

Precious Friends

As we are in the process of leaving Latin America, I was reminded today of some of the precious people that we have come to know. I can't even think of them without tears coming to my eyes. They have changed, impacted, and touched my heart in so many ways. How sweet of the Lord to abundantly bless me through others. There are lots, but these are just a few...

Rita-my phonetics and conversation teacher in Costa Rica. A strong woman in the Lord who has a heart to spread the gospel. There was power in her prayers! We (the girls in my class) always asked her to pray aloud for us when we needed it.
Sonia and Gloria-Annabelle's teachers at the pre-school in Costa Rica. They held me as I bawled the first day I had to leave her, and loved her like she was their own! Man, were they patient.
Monica-Max's teacher in Costa Rica. I cried like a baby the day I said good-bye to her. She is and always will be close to my heart, and Max's.
Lorena-the hardest person in Costa Rica for me to leave! She helped us at home-friend, teacher, grandmother, encourager. We could talk about God all day long together. We had no idea how the Lord would bless our family through her. Maybe one day she will get a glimpse of that!
Nina-my friend in Panama. Although we don't see each other near as often as I would have liked, she has been such a light in my life. It seems like we are always on the same page. She has taught me how to forgive and love, without even knowing it! We will always be friends.
Abby- Max's teacher. Amazing. She has prayed Max through his kindergarten year, and been one of his favorite people of all time! Her zeal for serving the Lord is contagious, and she shines like a beacon in our dark world! She loves the Lord with everything that she is, and I will just miss talking to her!

4 comments:

Abby Spencer said...

Julie, you are too kind. It is I who have been incredibly blessed by you and your sweet family. My heart is saddened to see you leave, but rejoices in the plans God has in store for ya'll. I am thankful to the Lord for the time He shared you with us here in Panama. You are a precious sister. I eagerly await heaven where we can sit and worship at the feet of our Savior for eternity with no more goodbyes. Nos vemos.

Anonymous said...

No Spanish words from this friend!
JULIE ~ Tho this step is filled with emotions - hasn't all of life been emotionally full? & Julie haven't we learned more in our times of greater emotional upheavel? I know I have & do. You know Julie, you have equally impacted those you are leaving behind (& left behind 2 yrs ago). & someday you will see that the tapestry of life with your thread woven in it - as it intersects the threads & knots of others yet the side that shows to the world is a master piece by the Master's touch & design. So it is as we grow up in our age and in the Lord. Blessings come from both sides of the masterpiece; by His miraculous touch.
Your age old friends welcome you w/open arms of love and hugs!
marcia

Melissa said...

Julie, the photo of your three babes is lovely! I left another comment on your Max-Nacho post.

Kalen said...

Julie, I found your blog through Mandi's! Loved seeing the pictures of your sweet family. How great to have you back in Texas soon! Will check back again to see where the Lords leads you from here.

Kalen